Another Year Down the Drain

Over the last 55 years or so I’ve had to face elimination day for the New York Yankees.

Yesterday was the 48th time it happened.

Thankfully, on seven of those years it never happened.

Yet, I’m going to spend my day getting my stones busted by a lot of fans who own shirts that say:

“One before I die!”

And yet, it’s still disappointing because the Yanks are always in it, and that makes it tougher.

They failed this year for a couple of reasons:

1). Judge went down - this will be glossed over because injuries happen, but they lost the best player in the sport for 100 games.

You gotta stretch, I guess.

2). The playoff seeding is ridiculous.

They would’ve had to beat the Rays at some point, but didn’t.

Yet for the second straight year you win more games than three teams seeded ABOVE you.

It’s just dumb.

3). Launch angles.

I saw too many bad at-bats by guys named Jazz and Trent and Austin as they tried to hit it in the seats with a runner on second and no one out.

Move the runner!

Those three guys hit 50 homers combined….

…they also struck out about 300 times.

Baseball has changed.

Other teams seem to strike out less, but who knows?

So, on to next year.

Maybe.

There is labor strife and these idiots may cancel next year!

They can’t split the billions of dollars to anyone’s liking.

“The we can’t compete,” argument seems to lose a little steam when the teams left are mostly low payroll teams!

Tampa, Cleveland, the Brewers and the White Sox are all low payroll teams.

And then the Dodgers….

…who have 22 free agents out of 25 guys.

If there’s no baseball in April…

…they’re the reason why.

Go Brew Crew!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy