The Grind
Sometimes it feels that we live to work.
You see it on social media.
People discussing how they don’t feel as if they’re living a life.
Especially in the winter months - it’s dark when they get up and dark when they get home.
Those who have long commutes truly suffer.
And we do it for decades!
It’s a little insane.
They call it the grind.
I hit a job site this week and the woman in the office stocked the trailer with bowls of candy and there was a huge barrel of pretzel rods.
I grabbed two and laughed.
“When my middle son was about five years old, I took him to my office on a Saturday. The receptionist there loved these pretzel rods.”
The woman was looking at me as if I’d lost my mind.
“Well, when Jake saw the pretzel rods his eyes grew big.”
“You get free pretzels at work?” He said.
He was as excited as one could be.
“No wonder you like going to work.”
Yep.
We all do it for the free pretzel rods.
Comments