“Nobody is Happy”

In long-term relationships, and more specifically marriages there are certain inside jokes that are repeated thousands of times, and are still kinda’ funny.

I have cured my wife of using the phrase, “Would I” by yelling out “Big ears!” every single time.

One of our favorites came from my mother-in-law who in a tense moment, when asked:

“Don’t you want me to be happy?”

Growled:

“Nobody is happy.”

In an episode of ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Leonard stated:

“Do you want me to be happy.”

At the same time, some 25 years after hearing it, we both said:

“Nobody’s happy!”

And I wondered.

Is anyone really happy?

There are moments of happiness for sure, but if someone came up to you and point blank asked:

“Are you happy?”

What would your answer be?

My mother-in-law may have been on to something…

…and even if she wasn’t….

…that’s what we’ll yell out anytime the question is asked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy