Steal A Lot If You're Gonna' Do It


Nothing like good old Bob Dylan singing a line. I remember when I first heard him sing this back in about 1980. I thought it was perfect.

And it's weird, you know?

Kathy bought me the book The Wolf of Wall Street for Christmas and instructed me to read it quickly because she wanted to see the movie.

I read most books quickly, but I got about fifty pages into that one and grew weary of the narrator telling me stories of basically stealing and living like a frat boy. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be cute to me, but there was a real 'look at the funny thing I did' feel to it.

I set the book aside.

Then I read a NY Post article written by the wife of one of these Wall Street rip-off artists...the same wife of the guy who wrote the book...and it straight up pissed me off.

Those guys who stole all that money received slap on the wrist penalties and are living off some of the stolen money in mansions. They are running brand new scams on people. Living like kings.

Steal a lot, right Bob.

So, of course, the movie came into the house.

It's Leo, people...I see all his movies, all Bradley Cooper movies and Ryan Gosling, oh my God...Ben Affleck has been banned because of his anti-27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports stance.

And the movie sickened me as well.

(Although Leo is great...and guys of my physical stature love Jonah Hill).

And that sort of stealing is going on every day.

Every single day.

And people do think it's cute.

But welfare fraud is ruining this country, dammit!

I wish I'd been with Bob when he wrote that line. I could've added my favorite phrase when talking about this subject:

You can steal more in a suit than you can in sweatpants.

Bob would've sang the shit out of that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie