The Electric Bill

NYSEG is straight up robbing people.

I said it.

Through the years, we paid about $150-$180 a month on electricity.

For some reason, these are our last 3 electric bills:

$395

$390

(At which point, we called to ask what the hell is going on).

We were told that it was the balanced budget billing working itself out.

So, when I opened the bill this month:

$496 was quite the surprise.

I decided to talk it through with the guys I see on construction sites.

Turns out, we are all being balanced budget billed out of our minds.

“My last bill was $1,080,” one guy said. “I lost my mind. Went crazy on the poor lady who answered the phone.”

“Did they work with you?” I asked.

“They shut it off!” He said. “Two days after I made the call. I didn’t have a grand sitting around…I’m going to be paying it off over the next 3 months with whatever they charge each month.”

We weren’t the only two guys talking…

…the other three guys stories similar to what we’ve been charged over the last 90 days.

“We are all being charged for the data centers they’re building on every street corner,” one guy said.

I tend to agree.

“What can we even do about it?” I asked. “We don’t pay they shut it off.”

“We need a revolution,” the poor bastard who was charged more than a grand, said.

“NYSEG is a criminal organization,” another said.

I tend to agree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy