You Never Know

It’s always so shocking to me.

I ran into a couple of guys at a convenience store, and we commiserated about the miserable weather.

I noticed the guys were looking a little down.

“What’s up?”

They mentioned a man’s name that we all knew.

Just said his name.

“What?” I asked, not wanting to hear the answer.

“He passed away,” one of them said. “Took his own life, I guess.”

My legs went weak.

“What the f**k?” Was the only response I could come up with.

I said it three or four times.

A successful guy with a family.

Always personable.

Always well-groomed and driven and…

…what the f**k?

I thought about his wife and children. I did not know them, but I imagined their pain.

And, of course, I thought of our last conversation at the Christmas party.

All good.

Smiles, well wishes.

Yesterday, I went about my day. Had a couple of discussions with men who also knew him.

Men who’d spoken with him that morning.

“There wasn’t anything different about him. Just a regular day.”

And yet…

…what 

…the

…f**k?

So sad.

He’ll he missed.

But he wasn’t thinking about that.

You just never know what someone is going through.

And it’s heartbreaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy