Streets of Minneapolis

I’m so proud of Bruce Springsteen.

Now, readers of this blog, and dear friends of mine know that I love Bruce’s music.

It’s not just because I can sing every word to Dancing in the Dark or Glory Days.

It’s because he has always been there - every step of the way as I’ve journeyed through my life.

His lyrics have taught me about growing up and becoming a man and a husband and a faithful, kind, compassionate American.

Yesterday he released a song, dedicated to the Americans who lost their lives to a thug fucking Army in an American city.

Bruce stood up.

Again.

And a song or a book, or a blog won’t change the world, but it might change one person’s mind.

I will keep trying.

And Bruce is always on the right side of love and compassion.

Those Americans should not have died.

And if you’re on the ‘other side’ of this - you know that too.

Thank you, Bruce.

It’s why you’re the greatest to ever do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy