Not to Me
I wasn’t much of a defensive threat in my softball days. Most of it was because the ball was big and hard.
It hurt when it hit me.
So, I would mostly DH because my chant on D was “Don’t hit it to me.”
With that being said, I think I could’ve handled the ball hit to Ryan McMahon to start the playoff game.
I probably would’ve had to throw it 3 times to get it to first, but that isn’t the point.
McMahon didn’t make the throw either because he whiffed.
Now, I know they aren’t robots and as Socrates said, ‘Shit happens’ but that first misplay stayed on my mind all through the game.
He blew it.
Millions watching.
Broken down old men screaming:
“I could’ve caught that!”
And it snowballed.
A couple of more sloppy plays and that was it.
Now there’s a bunch of pissed off Yankees fans.
But I imagine that no one feels worse than McMahon.
They aren’t robots.
Comments