Daydreaming

Back when I was a kid I used to daydream a little about a scenario where I would bravely stand up and save lives.

Perhaps it was the storyteller in me, but I’d invent elaborate schemes where I’d escape by the skin of my teeth.

A natural thing for a child to do, and inventing drama and then being the hero doesn’t do much for you as you try and navigate being an adult.

Unless you’re part of the White House security team.

There have been five shootings at the White House in the last ten years.

There weren’t any during the years 2021-2024.

When there was a real President living there.

Assassination attempts?

Seems like we have one a month now.

Quickly followed by social media posts asking for a billion dollars for a ballroom and a bunker.

Back in 1963, Kennedy was assassinated.

In the 80’s Reagan was shot.

We know more about who was responsible than we know about the thing that went on at the correspondents dinner.

That one flopped so badly that it was out of the news in a single day.

Wrestling is fake, but people still watch the matches.

When these news alerts come flashing, a large percentage of the country is shrugging.

Just another setup to distract from whatever is on the verge of sinking pedo 🐷.

Either that or this is the absolute worst security team ever assembled.

From Kirk to the fake attempt at the golf course to the absurd one in Pennsylvania that killed innocent people to the garbage this weekend.

Whatever.

By the end of the week we’ll forget it even happened, and by this time next week there will be 3 new stupid things to distract us from the fact that they’re robbing the place blind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy