Valentine’s Day

There was no crazy Valentine’s Day celebration here at Camp Clifford.

No cards, or flowers or chocolates.

In fact, we didn’t even mention it.

I did bring my Mom a candy bar and some cupcakes, but I usually do that each week anyway.

Kathy has never cared about any of the celebrations for any event - we forgot our anniversary one year, celebrating it, by going out to dinner, on the wrong day.

In fact, the only memories I have about any sort of Valentine’s Day celebrations goes way back to grammar school when we’d be expected to bring a Valentine for all of our classmates.

I do recall making sure that I gave the best one to the girl I had a crush on, but it didn’t have much of an impact.

I certainly had a date or two on Valentine’s Day in high school or college…

…but certainly nothing earth-shattering.

Yet, it’s freaking February!

There has to be something to look forward to.

So, I checked out sone of the posts on social media.

Flowers here…

…out to dinner there.

And there’s going to be discounted baked goods and candy in heart-shaped boxes starting today.

Maybe I’ll bring a severely discounted present home.

More than halfway through this dreaded month.

Wake me up when March Madness starts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy