Ashes to Ashes, A Boy Named Sue, We All Fall Down

I was dreading the day as I had a long road trip planned, a big meeting, and then a long trip back home. I just knew that I was going to see a lot of gray today as the road stretched out before me.

Just in case I didn't have enough gray...it rained all the way.

I hate to think of a day as a throw away day. The 27-Time Defending World Champion Yankees were on at night, and there was pasta at home...but what else to occupy my mind?

For some reason, I kept thinking of the phrase Ashes to Ashes.

"Where the hell does that come from?" I wondered.

Then I remembered the next line - "We All Fall Down."

London Bridge?

I googled it - nope.

Ring around the freaking Rosie?

Bingo. I looked up the words. There are different words sung to the song in all different countries, and what the hell is a posie?

Still can't chase the phrase from my mind.

Then the I-Pod kicked me to Johnny Cash - "A Boy Named Sue."

I recalled my Dad playing it for me and laughing. I was about ten at the time. I loved the song - especially since Dad was singing and laughing too.

I came home and played it for my boy.

He laughed.

There are no throw away days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy