Taking A Stab At It

With the I-pod finally loaded, (thanks to a big assist from the kids),and the back calmed down a bit (still not all the way there), and the newest river in front of the Fazzolari's to cross, (trying to get to the rivers just beyond it), I finally had the chance to catch up on a little reading.

As I do each morning, I went to the New York newspapers, and caught a glimpse of a familiar name, Emmanuel Young, a fine writer who shares a publisher with me. Young's book, The Psalms of a Warrior's Heart, was published through Sterling House, and like all of the books published there - it's a great read. (See how I subtly told you all of my books are great?)

Anyhow, I saw that Emmanuel was about to take a stab at writing the tell-all book from former wife swapper, Jamie Czerniawski, who was also an alleged husband-stabber after a run-in with her soon-to-be divorced husband.(She beat the rap).

It caught my attention not only because Emmanuel was about to handle a real sensitive subject, but because there seems to be an awful lot of violence between man and woman, doesn't there?

I can't imagine getting that upset with my beautiful wife. I can't imagine that despite all of my best efforts to drive her crazy that I could lead her to stab me. There has to be an awful lot of craziness leading up to the point, right?

My potential jury duty case was about a guy and gal who couldn't get along. I recently read that he was convicted of stabbing her with a barbecue fork. A freaking barbecue fork! How does that go down?

Her: Honey, the potatoes are done, how are you coming with the hamburgers?
Him: Not there yet!
Her: That's because all you do is suck beer and watch sports. I told you to start those earlier. Now the potatoes are going to be mush.
Him: Stop nagging me!
Her: Stop drinking!
Him: Stop sleeping with my best friend!
Her: Shut your @$%&*& mouth!
Him: I've had it! Come here, I'm going to put you on the grill!

Yes, Emmanuel Young has the unenviable task of trying to sort out the bitter feelings of a divorcing couple.

Perhaps Czerniawski should have stayed wife-swapped.

Oh well, writing a tell-all-book about surviving domestic abuse is a lot better than being skewered like a kabob.

(If you have the chance check out The Psalms of a Warrior's Heart, it is so much better than reading the daily news delivered to your doorstep!)

Comments

Looks like I'll be buying Mr. Young's book! The title by itself appeals to me and I just read some reviews on it... and some very ignorant comments on Christianity... aye, aye, aye - people are stabbing their spouses with barbecue forks because so many people are lost... Have Emmanuel Young call me, I can give him "the other side" about the devastation of divorce... ugh, makes me want to throw up.

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy