June the 2

Of course we all spent the day yesterday sending along June the 2 messages to each other.

Since I was a kid, we have shared the June the 2 joke and it’s funny, but Italian-Americans all over the country are in on it…

…so it’s legendary.

My Uncle Jim was the June the 2 guy in our family. No matter what date you’d ask about he’d answer:

“That’s on June the 2.”

As we got older, we called one another to wish each other a happy June the 2.

What’s funny is that a girl that I knew about 30 years ago was lucky enough to have June 2nd as her birthday.

Through the magic of Facebook, we say ‘Hi’ to one another every few months.

I shot her a birthday message, saying, “I’ve always remembered your birthday!”

She surprised me by answering:

“How could you forget? You’d always say ‘it’s June the 2.’”

So, yes, confirmation that I’ve celebrated the day for a lot of years!

I now use the day as a memorial to lost loved ones…

…including Uncle Jim.

He loved pork chops too.

June the 2.

Chops on the menu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy