What A Weekend!

At 8:00 on Sunday evening I raised my sore body off the couch to find the damn dog.

He had raced in, grabbed something, and raced back outside.

I came around the corner of the house and noticed a couple of things:

1). Ollie was digging a hole.

2). I had surprised him - his eyes were like saucers.

3). He had Humpy (named for obvious reasons) beside the hole. (Humpy is a 3’ caterpillar). He was digging a big hole.

He was burying his former lover!

And the weekend was wild for Ollie - he caught 520 balls off the garage from me. Sam threw him another 200.

We had a window replaced and the facia finally completely replaced.

I put down mulch.

Played a round of golf (still not in complete sync - but getting there).

Visited with Mom.

Took Kathy to dinner on Saturday and made her dinner, did laundry and vacuumed on Sunday.

And for a couple of glorious hours on Saturday when I picked up my phone I got the message:

“I-Phone Unavailable for 59 minutes.”

Which, of course, sent off panic alarms. I can’t work without a phone! I can’t even check the box scores.

I called Apple and they told me to turn it off and on again. 

I did and the phone went from unavailable for 44 minutes back to unavailable to one hour.

We tried resetting the phone - Apple support on the computer texting me information.

It wouldn’t work!

She broke the bad news - I needed to take it to the Apple Store. 

“The phone may need to be replaced.”

We made the appointment. I sat in silence. Felt naked. I didn’t have a phone!

I checked the phone.

“Unavailable for 33 minutes.”

“Re-start it again,” Kathy suggested.

“What if I wait the 33 minutes?”

“That isn’t gonna’ work.”

I ignored the phone.

35 minutes later, I turned it over. 

It was on!

Like nothing happened.

So, all in all, a fun-filled, tiring weekend of sun and fun…

…and Humpy is right beside me.

Spared from being buried alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy