Wordle

I have a new first thing to do every time I open my eyes.

Wordle.

And it’s a good little game.

For the uninitiated, you try and figure out a 5-letter word with 6 guesses.

I always start with ‘Lucid’ and hope that I get a couple of letters and hopefully one in the right place.

Someday I hope they choose ‘Lucid’ and I get it on the first guess.

I’ve only missed twice.

Once was on day one when I didn’t know what I was doing and then I blew a 20 day win streak. I don’t even remember the word.

The guy who came up with the game has sold it to the New York Times.

Good for him.

Probably not so good for us.

I can’t even read a New York Times article without paying for it.

I doubt they’ll allow everyone to have Wordle for free for long. It’ll probably cost us $30 a day to take a guess at a word.

Here’s the other thing that’s weird:

I usually hate puzzles and there have been moments when I’ve felt uncomfortable being patient as I took my guesses, but it’s only once a day.

Five minutes of fun.

For free.

At least for now.

Hopefully the word is ‘Lucid’ today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy