Meat! 🥩

There’s been a real battle in the cattle business since the start of the pandemic.

I know a farmer and they were telling me that taking the cattle to market was a true hassle. As a matter of fact, the butcher that I often visit was not in the business of handling it anymore so to get my half a side of beef this year I had to go to Rochester.

I’d go to the moon to get the good beef, but, not wanting to burn half a Saturday I found out that I could make it to the meat market following work on Friday.

It was a nice leisurely drive there.

I only spent 10 minutes at the place and they loaded me up with 8 boxes of hamburger, roasts, steaks and stew meat.

The freezer is packed!

And I immediately began plotting my porterhouse for Saturday night’s dinner.

The map on my GPS was showing 50 miles. It was flashing a 90 minute ride.

90 minutes for 50 miles?

I was traveling at 74 mph.

“What’s up with that?”

I saw a sign:

“Traffic delays beyond exit 49.”

A minute later and I was now traveling at 8 mph.

Decided to get off at Transit and man, that was dumb!

I was working on trying to figure out how to gnaw on a frozen steak.

Took me 80 minutes to go 30 miles!

And then, a torrential downpour.

“Where are you?” Kathy asked.

“I feel like I’m stuck in a bad movie.”

There’s a happy ending.

I ate a huge porterhouse.

So did the boys.

The freezer is full for the winter.

Was worth the trip!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy