Tripe

Taking a little break...

...so, of course I caught Kelly Ripa on Monday morning before going out for potato pancakes with eggs!

Christian Slater was the guest host (although I should be in that chair) and he spoke about going out to a restaurant and trying new foods.

He tried tripe..

...and hated it.

Well, Christian, I've been there.

Dad and John, for sure, and Uncle Jim and possibly Jim...

...love tripe!

I did try it.

Once.

Now, of course, Dad made it with his sauce...so it smelled great.

But it was like chewing on rubber.

Awful-tasting rubber!

Whenever I think of tripe I go back in my mind a whole bunch of years.

Mom and the girls were gone. It was just Dad and the boys.

"I'll make tripe," Dad said.

They knew I was out.

Jim and John were in.

Jeff was on the fence, but like me, he wanted to like it.

He was only about 5 years old.

He took a forkful and promptly spit it across the table.

BLEECH!!!

We all laughed.

Lucky there was plenty of pasta left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy