Yogi


My favorite Yogi Berra memory comes courtesy of my Dad's cousin, Marion Fricano who pitched in the Major Leagues in the 1950's.

I was about ten years old when Marion told us the story of having struck out Yogi...

...once.

"He homered off me a few times though," Marion said. "He loved to hit pitches that were a mile out of the strike zone. I threw one that was over his head to try and strike him out and he hit it a mile."

I recall every second of that story and was in awe, of course.

Then I learned that Yogi was famous for being a bad ball hitter.

Yogi won 10 World series.

He's the all-time leader in World Series hits...

...by a mile.

He was funny.

But the best stat of his life?

He was married for 65 years!

RIP Yogi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy