A Historic Week

One of the escapees was shot and killed.

There were terror attacks on 3 continents.

The Affordable Care Act was deemed constitutional again...after about the 30,000th challenge.

And same-sex marriage became the law of the land.

Quite a week, huh?

It's a funny thing about history...it doesn't seem historic at the very moment when it's happening and in this fast-paced world...our attention span is sort of short.

Everything is the greatest this or the worst that...

...but this week will linger, I believe.

On the healthcare and same-sex marriage decisions alone there will be long-term ramifications.

Good or bad?

That's up to you, I guess.

It's also up to history to show us what way the cookie crumbles.

But you know what?

I basically missed all of it.

I spent the week in my own sort of turmoil as the worst part of my job reared its ugly head. I had to assist in an incident review that cost a man, a good man, his life.

An accident.

And I can't even begin to express the toll that it takes on all involved.

Emotionally it's horrific.

I knew, all week long, that I was just one of about a couple hundred people who was suffering because of the accident.

And by the end of the week I was searching for answers to questions that have no answer.

Yet I reached a conclusion of sorts.

I clung to those in my family.

We celebrated Sam's birthday.

We headed out to see Ted 2.

We went to dinner and Sam was my eating partner as we decided:

Life's too short to not eat steak and lobster.

(Thank God I have a boy who likes to eat those things - and his steak is rare as well - he joins a long line of Fuzzy men).

At the movie we laughed a lot.

Thank God for Seth McFarland.

And on the way home, we shared our favorite jokes and laughed some more.

The Yankees, pasta, rest and a prayer or two.

Even when history is being made and even when life rears its ugly head...

...it all comes back to finding a little soft spot in the middle of the hard road...

...to just lie down and rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy