18 More!!!

I know it's not popular, and I doubt it can be pulled off, but I made a conscious decision to skip the National Football League at least for week 1. I am thinking of going the whole year as a protest, but how can that juggernaut league be avoided all together?

Sunday was fairly easy because the Yankees were on at 1 p.m., but I wasn't watching them either.

I was mowing my Mom's lawn, on a beautiful sunny day.

There was even a point when the lawnmower wouldn't start, and being the grease monkey that I am I was able to fix it!

(Don't ask me how the hell that happened).

But I actually felt better about things.

I was skipping the NFL!!!

Except I returned home...

...and found out the Bills were winning 17-7 at the half.

"They'll lose," I said, and I left the room.

Women getting beat. Cheerleaders suing the league. Blackouts. Concussions. NFL doctors handing out pills on the sidelines. No medical bills for former players. We need a new stadium. Not paying taxes.

Nope.

I wasn't gonna' watch!

Sam let me know it was tied up late.

"If they go to overtime it's going to interfere with dinner," I said.

The boys were fired up.

I stirred the sauce as they drove down the field.

I wouldn't look, but I heard the winning drive...for the freaking Bills!.

"18 more to a perfect season!" Sam yelled.

And I watched the Breaking Bad marathon in the afternoon instead of the 4 o'clock games.

I wasn't missing it at all.

On Monday morning at the first site everyone was talking about how much better life is when the Bills win and the Pats lose.

I went along with it.

Enjoy.

By noon the video of Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out cold and then dragging her out of the elevator surfaced.

That I watched.

So disgusted by all of it.

"Six days until we beat Miami!" Sam said on Monday afternoon.

I'm so excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy