Don't Need This Body

Dedicated to a good man, and his son, another good man. In the end, the best thing you can say:

"He was a good man."

Don't Need This Body - John Mellencamp

This getting older ain't for cowards.
This getting older is a lot to go through
Ain't gonna' need this body much longer
Ain't gonna' need this body much more.

I can't see much like I used to
And I can't run like the wind
I don't sleep more than just a few hours
I can't remember where I've been

Ain't gonna' need this body much longer
Ain't gonna' need this body much more.
I put in ten million hours
Washed up and worn out for sure.

All my friends are sick or dying
And I'm here by myself
All I got left is a headful of memories
And a thought of my upcoming death

Ain't gonna' need this body much longer
Ain't gonna' need this body much more.
I put in ten million hours
Washed up and worn out for sure

(This is the important part)

Well I know one thing I'll die easy
And I know my life is not in vain
Because I loved and fought with many
And the people, they loved me
just the same.

This getting older ain't for cowards.
This getting older is a lot to go through
Ain't gonna' need this body much longer
Ain't gonna' need this body much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy