The Great Pastime - Baseball Preview 2012

I watched opening day for the Yankees on Friday and after a long layoff from entertaining sports I was treated to a couple of long home runs, bases loaded 4 times, a squeeze bunt, a gun from left field to catch a runner at second, a blown save, some stolen bases, and a couple of close calls.

Great game.

Not the one I was watching, just the sport in general.

They couldn't even ruin it with steroids, for those of us who love it.

Anywho-ha...the season preview:

National League East:

The Phillies will still win it despite the fact that they can't hit a lick. 3 good starting pitchers gets it done in the pansy league. One thing for sure: the Mets won't win.

NL Central:

I like the Cardinals again. They could implode and lose it to Ryan Fraud and the Brewers or the Reds, but I think they'll hang on. One thing for sure: the Cubs won't win.

NL West:

Can you say Donnie Baseball? I think the Dodgers shock this division. The Padres are the crap team in this bunch.

NL Wild Cards:

Let's say San Francisco (I have a dog named Melky Cabrera and she'd be pissed if I didn't vote for the Giants), and the Reds.

NL Pennant Winner:

San Francisco Giants (Melky is watching me type this).

AL East:

Come on, now...the 27-time World Champion Yankees. Jeter and Rivera and Andy looking for number 6. One thing for sure: The Orioles suck again. Sorry Baltimorons.

AL Central:

If the Tigers lose this after spending a billion dollars this winter it'll be a miracle. Everyone else in the division blows.

AL West:

Texas Rangers. They are becoming a lot like the Buffalo Bills. Good all year...choke in the end. Worst team all year: The Oakland A's...make another movie about the little train that couldn't.

AL Wild Cards:

Angels and Rays. The Rays can pitch and their goofy manager is actually brilliant. The Angels spent a billion dollars too. That usually helps.

AL Pennant Winner:

The 27-Time World Champion Yankees, but it won't be easy.

World Series:

Sorry Melky...

Yankees in 5.

Clip it out and save it. I always get quite close on these predictions but that's because I'm lucky.

One thing is sure:

I have something to do nearly every night from now until November.

Thank God I don't have to watch toothless Canadians stand in front of the net and block shots with mattresses on for pads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy