10 Things I Hate

1). I hate when someone says, "I was talking on the phone" and holds a fake phone up to their ear - put your freaking hand down - I know what a phone looks like!

2). I hate cute phrases like Okie-Dokie - when someone wants to end a correspondence with me and they say Okie-Dokie, I vomit in my mouth a little.

3). I hate losing a sock when I do the laundry - I remember Seinfeld doing a bit about this, but I hate it because I want every chore finished to completion and when I can't find that damn sock it infuriates me.

4). I hate when someone says "irregardless" - it isn't a word - regardless as to what you might think.

5). I hate preachers that say that God spoke to them. If God were to speak with most of them idiots, I'm sure He'd tell them to shut the hell up.

6). I hate athletes who are interviewed after a big game who say - "I gave 110 percent out there." There's only 100 percent you moron, where did you get the other 10%?

7). I hate the guys who are in front of me at a convenience store who buy $400 in daily lottery tickets. If you don't buy the tickets and lose - you'll have more money - besides, you're killing me with your cute pronouncements that you picked 2-3-2 becuase you got $2.32 back in change - not everything is an omen - get out of the way and let me buy my newspaper.

8). I hate Snakes - yet, really, who likes them? I mean really likes them? The nuns told me about the snake in the Garden of Eden and I've hated the bastards since.

9). I hate piercings of every kind - what would make you pierce your eye, ear, nose, tongue, or friggen' private parts? I saw a guy the other day who looked like he got caught in a tackle-box explosion - how does he find a decent job?

10). I hate when my kid wears his baseball hat backwards and buys jeans that come with holes already in them - it's all I can do not to whack the hat off his head and rip a bigger hole in his pants.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

Comments

nmallen said…
I saw a commercial for weight loss equipment earlier this week that said "lose up to 408% more weight." Now I understand how that works mathematically, compared to "I gave 110%", but was the extra 8% really necessary? If you ask me it sounds silly. It must be a trend because later that day I saw a commercial for diet pills that said "lose up to 396% more weight." Why won't they just round it out? It's not like these products actually work anyway...

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy